Break out the birthday hats… Intuition Ale Works is turning FOUR!
The big anniversary celebration takes place at the brewery on Saturday, November 22nd but we will be celebrating the whole week leading up to that day. Read on for details about all of our events!
We will be releasing at least one new beer in the tap room every day from Tues, Nov 18th until Fri, Nov 21st:
TUES : State Line w/ Habanero
WED: Cantaloupe Saison w/ Cracked Pepper
THURS: Smoke IPA w/ Pineapple
FRI: Golden Graham Jon Boat
Each beer will ONLY be available the day it is released. Then, on Saturday the 22nd all the beers will be available in the brewery and tap room. We will have 20+ special release brews on tap for the big anniversary bash!
STARTING TUES, NOV 18TH @ 3PM: BEER PASSPORT
Interested in trying all 20+ beers? With the Beer Passport you can win prizes for trying them all.
Beer Passports will be available in the tap room starting Tuesday, November 18th. We’ll be serving up 7-ounce pours of all our brews. Every time you drink a brew that week we’ll give you a stamp on your passport to keep track of the beers you’ve tried. If you try twenty or more beers by Saturday the 22nd you’ll get a voucher for a gallon growler and a fill of your favorite brew. PLUS you’ll be entered into a raffle to win $100 tap room dollars.
We are only printing 100 Beer Passports so make sure to come and get yours on Tuesday!
MON, NOV 17TH 6-10PM: TAP TAKEOVER AT PELE’S WOOD FIRE
Join us as we kick-off our anniversary week with a tap takeover at Pele’s Wood Fire! They’ll have 15 taps devoted to our brews and will be offering happy hour all night long. That means $3 Jon Boat, $3.50 I-10 AND $5 pizzas! The Intuition crew will be there with giveaways.
TUES, NOV 18TH 6:30PM: BELGIAN BEER DINNER @ BLACK SHEEP RESTAURANT
We are partnering up with Black Sheep Restaurant in 5 Points for a rooftop Belgian beer-pairing dinner on Tuesday starting at 6:30pm.
Join us for five courses by Chef Waylon Rivers paired with some of our favorite Belgian brews like Sage Wit, Honey Badger Saison, Mercury’s Wings BPA, Noir Belg and our seasonal Punk Monk Imperial Belgian Dubbel.
Tickets are $75 and are very limited. To reserve your seat at the table, call the restaurant at (904) 380-3091.
TUES, NOV 18TH: BLONDE COFFEE STOUT TAPPING @ BOLD BEAN
Both the Riverside and Jax Beach Bold Bean locations will be tapping a very special collaboration brew on Tuesday. We worked with the Bold Bean team to create the Blonde Coffee Stout, a unique special release brew with oats, cocoa nibs and Brazilian coffee. The beer will only be available at Bold Bean and in very limited quantities, so when it’s gone, it’s gone!
WED, NOV 19TH 7PM: BEER AND CHEESE PAIRING WITH CYPRESS GROVE CHEVRE @ INTUITION
On Wednesday we are hosting a special beer and cheese pairing with Cypress Grove Chevre, an award-winning artisan goat cheese maker, in the brewery bar. Debbie from Cypress Grove and Riley from Intuition will be on hand to guide the pairing of 5 cheeses and 5 beers, including a unique One-Off! Special glassware will be provided by Cypress Grove, along with other goodies. Tickets are $20 and are extremely limited. Get yours now at this link: http://IntuitionAnniversaryBeerAndCheese.eventbrite.com
WED, NOV 19TH 7PM: INTUITION PINT NIGHT @ ENGINE 15
We’re heading out to Jax Beach to spend Wednesday evening with our friends at Engine 15 for an Intuition Pint Night starting at 7pm. They’ll have seven of our brews on tap that night: Barrel-Aged Amsterdam Falafel, Noir Belge, Double Elimination, Truck Stop Stout and 3 of our core beers.
THURS, NOV 20TH 6PM: INTUITION TAP TAKEOVER @ WORLD OF BEER SOUTHSIDE
Join the Intuition crew at World of Beer Southside on Thursday evening for the BIGGEST Intuition tap takeover EVER! They’ll be pouring at least 20 of our brews starting at 6pm and there will be fun swag giveaways.
THURS, NOV 20TH 5:30-9PM: COOKING WITH INTUITION @ JAXSONS NIGHT MARKET
We are partnering with Jaxsons Night Market to celebrate beer, food and community on Thursday evening! Contributors to our cookbook, Cooking with Intuition, will be selling a number of dishes prepared with Intuition brews at the Market and Cari will be selling signed copies of the cookbook.
Also… cans of King Street Stout will be available at the Intuition Biergarten for the first time outside of our tap room !
FRI, NOV 21ST 8PM-11PM: BRUNCH FOR DINNER DUAL ANNIVERSARY PARTY @ MOXIE KITCHEN + COCKTAILS
We’re celebrating our dual anniversary with Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails with Brunch for Dinner on Friday night starting at 10pm! This late-night bash will feature an incredible lineup of beers all paired with Chef Tom Gray’s craveable brunch-inspired small plates. Featured beers include Duuuvaaal, Shotgun Shack and several brunch-themed beers brewed just for the occasion.
The Jax Brew Bus will be making a special roundtrip from Riverside.
Tickets can be purchased at http://moxiefl.ticketleap.com/brunch-for-dinner/.
SAT, NOV 22ND 1-9PM: 4-YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTY
Our anniversary will be a beer-lover’s dream. All of our anniversary brews will be on tap along with a long list of special release and barrel-aged treats!
We pulled a special event permit so we’ll be closing down the street in front of the brewery to blow out the festivities. There will be food trucks out in the street featuring fare by Funkadelic and Driftwood BBQ. Our friends at Fretto Prints will be here all day with their on-site t-shirt printing contraption selling unique, one-of-a-kind souvenir tees.
We’ll also be hosting a raffle to raise money for the Florida craft beer political committee. Just $10 per ticket gives you the chance to win a Yeti cooler bag customized by Burro Bags or an UNDERDARK package that includes bottles of all three vintages and lots of swag!
SUN, NOV 23RD 11AM: Hangover Brunch @ Mellow Mushroom Avondale
Join us as we shake off an epic week with a Hangover Brunch at Mellow Mushroom Avondale on Sunday morning! They’ll have 10 of our brews on tap to pair with their already awesome brunch menu, including some breakfast one-offs and the return of Contraption, a special release double IPA.
We have lots of special release brews on tap this month!
We tapped our State Line Peach IPA and will be serving it through Saturday - or until it kicks! – in honor of the Florida Georgia game.
Don’t miss our popular seasonal Punk Monk, our Imperial Belgian Dubbel brewed with Belgian candi sugar, milk sugar, 200 pounds of pumpkin, and a pumpkin spice blend from Green Man Gourmet in Avondale. We’ll be tapping it in the tap room on Halloween!
New on tap this week is our Chef Thomas Kolsch. It’s a refreshing, light-bodied ale that was a favorite of the late, great Chef Thomas of The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island.
This November we’re raising awareness, funds and PINT GLASSES for men’s health! Movembrew, our easy-drinking English-style bitter brewed for Movember Jax, will be on tap in the tap room starting November 1st. Also look for Movembrew at select bars and restaurants around town this month. A proceed from the sale of all pints of Movembrew will be donated to Movember!
We are brewing up some love for JASMYN! Our brewers are creating a perfectly balanced brew, Equality Ale, which will be served in the ta proom and in bars and restaurants around the city Nov 8th through 15th. At least $1 for every pint sold will go to support JASMYN’s work supporting and empowering LGBTQ youth by creating safe space, providing youth development services and bringing people and resources together to promote diversity and human rights. Learn more here.
We invite you to join us for a James Madison Institute innovation “hoppy” hour from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 30 in the brewery bar. Admission is a $5 cover that includes an exclusive JMI/Intuition Ale Works glass and your first drink free!
Guest Speakers include:
Dr. Bob McClure – The James Madison Institute
Ari Bargil – Institute for Justice
Daniel Davy – DeVoe L. Moore Center at Florida State University
Food trucks will also be available. Due to limited parking, we encourage you to use a rideshare service.
Register now at http://www.jamesmadison.org/.
Join us in the tap room on Wednesday evening 10/15 from 6pm to 7:30pm for a meet-and-greet with Representative Dana Young from South Tampa.
Rep Young is one of craft beer’s biggest supporters in the Florida House of Representatives. Help us give her a big Jax welcome and show her we appreciate her support!
We’ll be tapping a special One-Off keg of I-10 aged on cedar spirals.
We are gathering up some pretty awesome silent auction items for next Friday’s Friends of Chef Thomas Food Fair! Tickets for the event are still available here.
Here’s what we have confirmed so far but the list keeps growing:
Please bring CASH or CREDIT CARD on Friday if you plan to bid!
Note: Holidays or special events weekends are excluded for hotel stays. They are good for one year. Taxes included.
• The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, 2 night stay and a dinner (2) in Blue by Eric Ripert
• The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, San Fran, 2 night stay
• The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia, 2 night stay with breakfast (2)
• The Ritz-Carlton, St Louis, 2 night stay and a dinner (2) in the Grill
• The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common, 2 night stay with breakfast (2)
• The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, 2 night stay and a dinner (2) in Fearing
• The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, Dinner at Les Crustaces US$300
• The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island / Private Dining Chefs Table seat in the SALT kitchen for 2 guests + The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island PLUS 1 night stay with breakfast (2) A unique, private “Seat in the Kitchen” dining experience with customized menu. For a one-of-a kind experience “Dine with the Chef” in the kitchen. The ambiance, the innovative food, paired wines and interaction with chefs creates a memory of a lifetime.
• Tour of South Florida Ritz-Carlton properties – these are grouped together!
The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach Miami / 1 night stay with breakfast (2)
The Ritz-Carlton, Coconut Grove Miami / 1 night stay with breakfast (2)
The Ritz-Carlton, Key Biscayne Miami / 1 night stay with breakfast (2)
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples / 1 night stay with breakfast (2)
The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale / 2 night stay
• Manresa 3 signed books by David Kinch
• My French Cuisine 1 signed book by Daniel Boulud
1. The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds Plantation – 2 night stay at this gorgeous resort in Greenboro, GA, including lake view accommodations – value $875
2. The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta – Aquarium Package – 2 night stay including deluxe accommodations, American Breakfast for 2 in the Atlanta Grill, 2 VIP Adults Tickets to the Georgia Aquarium, overnight valet parking – value $728
3. The Ritz-Carlton Buckhead – 2 night stay in the beautiful Buckhead region of Atlanta, Club Executive Suite includes accommodations and valet parking – value $578
4. The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes – 2 night deluxe room includes accommodations and dinner for 2 in Highball & Harvest Restaurant – $738
5. The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island- 2 night deluxe accommodations – value $662
6. The Omni, Amelia Island Plantation Resort - 2 night stay - value $662
7. White Oak Plantation tour for four, with lunch. This conservation center near Yulee houses more than 250 animals, including giraffes and rhinos. Value- $ 1,000
8. Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails - Town Center, Jax. Happy Hour party for 8, 8 drink tokens and $25 in bar snacks, value $100
9. Restaurant Orsay- Avondale, Jax. Value – $50
10. Black Sheep Restaurant - Five Points, Jacksonville. Five course meal (for 4) on rooftop, paired with wine/cocktails. Value – $400
11. Centered on Yoga, downtown Fernandina Beach. One month membership – value $125.
12. Kayak Amelia Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga class, from Deb Cunningham – value $50
13. Salty Pelican waterfront seafood restaurant, downtown Fernandina Beach. Basket with $100 gift card – value $125
14. Taverna San Marco Jax restaurant, value $75
15. Hawkers Asian Street Fare- Five Points, Jacksonville. Value $25 (2)
16. Healthy Cooking class - Jaqueline Kennard will come to your home to show you how to make family-friendly meals are simple and healthy, without compromising on flavor. Value - $250
17. M Shack gift card, value $30 (2)
18. Sterling silver wishbone necklace from Lindy’s jewelry, Fernandina Beach, value – $150.
19. Shrimp painting by Fernandina Beach artist Charlie Weisenborn, oil “Rainbow Roll” Value – $350
More to come! Including Matthew’s and Medures!
Have you heard the news? We are hoping to move downtown next year!
The City of Jax Downtown Design Review Board approved our renderings for the Bay Street brewery so we continue to make progress.
Come out and visit the Intuition Beer Garden at Jaxsons Night Market every third Thursday of the month at the corner of Laura and Adams Streets!
The market focuses on what makes us uniquely Jaxsons and features local farmers, local craft artisans and the best street food vendors in the city.
Join us in the heart of downtown and celebrate our community.
Please join Intuition Ale Works and a number of Northeast Florida’s most celebrated chefs as we host a very special memorial event for Chef Thomas Tolxdorf. Tickets are available now at this link.
Chef Thomas was the pioneering, influential and inspirational Executive Chef at the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island who earlier this year was taken from us too soon. He was a tremendous supporter of Intuition and the local food scene across Northeast Florida.
To honor his legacy, Intuition Ale Works is closing down the street in front of the brewery and setting up a food fair featuring Northeast Florida’s top chefs and restaurants.
Our brewers will be brewing a special batch of kolsch (Thomas’ favorite beer!) and dedicating an honorary Mug Club membership to our friend.
Tickets include food samples from all of the below restaurants and one Intuition beer.
Intuition will donate 100% of proceeds from ticket sales to the Chef Thomas Tolxdorf Memorial Fund.
The event is kid-friendly and children under 12 years of age can attend free of charge.
We hope you will join us as we celebrate a dear friend and incredible talent whom we all miss very much.
Food samples will be provided by the following restaurants:
The Art Institute of Jacksonville
Black Sheep Restaurant
Cafe Nola @ MOCA
Hawkers Asian Street Fare
Intuition Ale Works
Kelly’s Courtyard Cafe’
LuLu’s at The Thompson House
Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
The Salty Pelican Bar and Grill
Taverna San Marco
The Blind Rabbit – A Burger & Whiskey Bar Riverside
The Cloister, Sea Island, Georgia
The Florida House Inn & Restaurant
If you cannot attend the event but would like to contribute, donations to the memorial fund can be made through Paypal at this link:https://www.paypal.com/
…or by depositing funds directly into the Thomas Tolxdorf Memorial Fund, Account No. 1005462906 at First Coast Community Bank.
We hope to see you at one of these upcoming tap takeovers or beer tastings around North Florida!
Aug 20: Stubbies and Steins, Gainesville – tap takeover
Aug 21: Fermentation Lounge, Tallahassee – tap takeover
Aug 23: Persimmon, Deland – opening celebration
Aug 28: Jones B-Side, Gainesville – tap takeover
Aug 28: ABC Fernandina – beer tasting
Sep 16: Saucy Taco, Mandarin – tap takeover
The time has come… we are canning King Street!
Cans of King Street Imperial Stout will be available in our tap room starting Saturday, August 2nd.
Swing by the brewery that day and be one of the first to grab a four pack of our imperial stout.
Four packs will cost $11 and will only be available in our tap room for the time being due to limited supply.
Watch the FB event page for more details!